Frequently asked questions
Wired-Marker is a Firefox add-on that can be used with Firefox versions greater than 2.0.0.
Yes you can change the color of a marker. Click here for more information.
Side bar is displayed by "AltˇÜX". You can also change the division of shortcut key. Click here for more information.
You can change the display location of "Wired-Marker" menu from top menu. Click here for more information about "Hide the menu".
Firefox sometimes become slow in action due to the auto-cache function. Click here for more information.
You can synchronize the marker information by using the online folder synchronizing service.Click here for more information.
It is necessary to change the "Page Setup" in Firefox to print out the highlighted web page. To change the "Page Setup", please follow the steps below.
1) Select "File" -> "Page Setup" from Firefox menu.
2) Select "Format & Options" tab and put a check in "Print Background".
Data collected using Wired-Marker can be saved as a file by using the export function. You can also import the exported file to Wired-Marker by drag & drop the file into any Wired-Marker folder. Please see help here.
Marker information such as the highlighted place and the collected sentences is stored in the "locale.sqlite". This file is located the following place.
The repository of the file
|·Windows 7 / Vista ( * )|
|C:\Users\[User name]\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\[Random character string]\WiredMarker\local.sqlite|
|·Windows Xp ( * )|
|C:\Documents and Settings\[User name]\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\[Random character string]\WiredMarker\local.sqlite|
|~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/[Random character string]/WiredMarker/local.sqlite|
|~/.mozilla/firefox/[Random character string]/WiredMarker/local.sqlite|
( * "AppData" and "Application Data" are hidden folders.)
The following steps explain how to delete Wired-Marker completely and reinstall it.
1) Select "Tools"->"Add-ons" from Firefox menu and click the "Uninstall" button at Wired-Marker on the following screen.
2) Close Firefox and open the folder in which the "WiredMarker" folder exists. For the location of "WiredMarker" folder, please refer to the "FAQ > Which file stores the marker information?" on this page.
3) You can find the "prefs.js" file in this folder. Please backup this file and open it by text editor such as "NotePad".
4) Delete all lines beginning with the 'user_pref("wiredmarker' and save this file.
5) Delete the "WiredMarker" folder.
6) Run Firefox and install Wired-Marker.